Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rescue me? Hell yes!




Kallypso Masters and the Rescue Me series!!


I have been reading a lot.  AGAIN.  As always.  Because it's what I do.  I have been reading the Rescue Me Series, by Kallypso Masters.  Awesome series.  I have really been enjoying it.  This series is NOT a stand alone.  You have to start with Masters at Arms and work your way from there.  Without it, you miss very important information with regards to all of the developing characters.  So in that respect it is NOT your typical romance novel.  It's emotional, often time a little heart wrenching (I know it made my heart hurt a few times and yea, I shed a tear or two or 10)  All of the characters are very well developed, and you get a firm sense of who each person is before their actual story comes up.  It's usually one of my biggest gripes.  Characters not having a firm background, or worse, inconsistencies in their backgrounds.  There is none of that here.  I'm also not one of those reviewers who reviews the book, tells you all about the book and leaves nothing to spare.  IF you read a review of the book, why do you need to read the fucking book?  My way, read the fucking book!  It's a good book.   If you read the authors blog page you would know she obviously gives a crap about what she puts out and her readers mean a great deal to her.  Kallypso Masters wants to give her readers a good read.  And that is very important in my mind.   It's well written, thought provoking, the characters are likable, believable and definitely lovable.  I'm really glad I picked up this series.



Makeup Allergies and sensitivities!! 


Have you ever worn a mascara and just about pulled out all of your eyelashes because it irritated you so bloody much?  For the better part of two years I have been suffering from some kind of sensitivity/allergy to almost all mascaras and eyeliners.  Which really sucks because I love my makeup.  I really love my eye makeup.  So, after having nearly yanking out all of my poor little eyelashes I went out and bought & different types of mascara and a couple of eyeliners.  So far, I have had a great deal of luck on my very first try.


















I have been using both of these products for almost a week now and I have had NO problems.  No itchy eyes, no watery eyes, no red eyes and most importantly, NO PULLING OUT EYELASHES.    So for right now, if anyone out there in cyberland is having some kind or weird freak out sensitivity with their eye make up, try these and see if they work.  Stay tuned...I'll update you and the other 6 mascaras lol.

No comments: