Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ok so I skipped a few...........and then some.

I've read about a few books since I last posted.  I've been dealing with allergies, taxes, cleaning and organizing and getting my business in order so I can start promoting again.  IF that bothers you well eat me lol.  No one is really reading this shit anyway.  So I'll keep my reviews short, if I can remember what the hell I read to begin with.

First up is Maya Banks, the Sweet Series.  I loved this series from the get go.  Iti's like taking a peek into peoples lives.  This is Cole's book...and who knew Cole had such a sexy, sinful, naughty side to him!  Don't waste your time with the Fifty Shades Series, read this one instead. 

Cole finally hooks up with his former college sweetheart Ren, only to learn she belongs to another.  Literally lol.  And Cole being Cole will do whatever he has to to win her back.  And he fucking better. 

This is my fave one of the series.  The thought of being in a poly amorous relationship with two men just gives me the tingles from head to toe.  And why shouldn't it?  Two men to take care of me, make me feel safe and loved and cater to my every sexual need??  The mere idea alone could make me pass out lol.


Tiger by Laurann Dohrner.

I got into this series on a whim.  I was looking at ebooks and found her book Brawn....ok actually I found the cover of the book lol.  The dude on the cover was a complete stud, even if he didn't have a head.  I read the trail, downloaded the book (it was the 5th in the New Species Series) and I was off and running.  I loved the characters.  They are a group of people who were created by a pharmaceutical company and had their DNA combined with Feline, Canine or Primate DNA.  So they are people, with a twist, lol.  I liked the simplicity and the ferocity of the characters and how the author chose to write the characters.  How the characters are rescued and freed from their torturous captors and then how they learn to live as free people.  A lot of the dialogue had me laughing.  The characters simplicity in understanding and speech made them all very endearing to me. I think my fave book in the series is Valient....but alas I have read them all to date.  It's a fun read.....different that the Lora Leigh Series and much more light hearted I think.

Lori Foster, A Pefect Storm

Again, another series I got into merely by chance.  I was at the store, needed something to read......voila, involved in another series lol.

This is Arizona Storms Story.  She survived being kidnapped, sold into slavery by trafficers and nearly killed when thrown off a bridge.   Enter hot guy on the cover who's name escapes me for the moment lol.  Does it really matter anyway?  In the story, the guy is a typical alpha male dominant.  The guy I love to love but in reality would have no idea what to do with because he would probably drive me utterly insane!  But if its the guy on the cover?  Sanity is highly overrated anyway.


Read the book, don't read the book, it's entirely up to you.  I enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one.  If I sit here and tell you about it, you won't really have a reason to read it now will you?



No comments: